Many universities, schools, and even businesses require learners to use Windows operating system, whether on their laptops or their mobile phones. This is why Moodle has developed the Moodle Desktop. The Moodle Desktop has all features and functionalities a learners would find in the Moodle Mobile App. This includes :
- Easy access to course content: View course activities and download materials for offline use.
- Connectivity with course participants: Quickly find and contact other people in your courses.
- Engagement in course activities: Attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more – both on and off-line.
- Easy assignment submission: Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your device.
- Checking of upcoming deadlines: View activities due, sorting by dates or by courses.
- Keeping up-to-date reminders: Receive instant notifications of private messages, forum posts, calendar events and assignment submissions.
- Tracking progress: View your grades, check completion progress in courses and browse your learning plans.
Moodle Desktop currently works for Windows Version 10, with Windows 7 and 8 comining soon. As with Moodle Mobile, Moodle Desktop will be updated by Moodle HQ every two months.
Download the Moodle Desktop from the Windows Store and try it out.